Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Each shooter will observe and comply with the following rules:
1. Firearms will be unloaded, magazines removed and actions locked open, with a chamber flag inserted, at all times except when the shooter is in position on the firing line and the range is clear to fire.
2. Firearms will be pointed in a safe direction at all times. Firearms on the firing line will be pointed directly down-range at all times.
3. Firearms may not be handled nor may shooters approach the firing line during a cease-fire.
4. Regular cease-fires are called by the Rangemaster or, in his absence, by mutual consent of all the shooters on the line. All firearms must be unloaded, magazines removed, actions locked open, with a chamber flag inserted, and all shooters standing behind the cease-fire line BEFORE a regular cease-fire is called and the cease-fire bell activated.
5. Only AFTER a cease-fire has been called and the cease-fire bell turned on, may shooters proceed downrange to check and change their targets.
6. The Rangemaster or, in his absence, the shooter who has called the cease-fire and activated the cease-fire bell is personally responsible for safely ending the cease-fire by insuring all shooters have returned to the cease-fire line and that the range is again clear. The bell will be de-activated by the same person who activated it.
7. Each firing position on the firing line has a corresponding target frame directly down-range. Each shooter must shoot ONLY at an approved paper target, which has been properly hung on the target frame directly down-range from his position.
8. All rifles will be loaded with no more than 10 rounds at a time.
9. Black powder shooters will insure that all containers of black powder are closed while shooting to prevent any possibility of a flash explosion.
10. Eye protection and Ear protection are required to be worn by everyone on the range.
11. The hierarchy of authority on the ranges is; Rangemaster, Assistant Rangemaster, Temporary Rangemaster, Club Member, public shooter. Club Members who observe safety or range use violations without taking immediate action will be suspended.
12. Each shooter is required to observe and comply with any other rules posted on the range. Absent specific rules all shooters will follow generally accepted firearm safety standards and use good common sense. As a firearm owner/user YOU are responsible for your actions. Shooters who endanger public safety will be prosecuted.
13. Shooters who are unable to place their shots on their target may be asked to leave the range and not return until they have successfully completed appropriate training classes.
14. Shooters who deliberately shoot the range baffles or supports will be charged for the damage and BARRED from the ranges.
15. There will be absolutely no intoxicants allowed on WCW property. Violators will be BARRED from the facility.
16. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and to inspect all firearms, ammunition and equipment brought to this facility.